Tuesday, August 13, 2013

In Praise of the Feminine.....

I always love when I check my mail and find something amazing in it that really speaks to my inner feminine. This morning I found that magic in a email from Jo Anna Rothman and I just had to share it with all you lovely ladies. Perhaps it will hit that sacred spot in some of you and you'll be moved to do a page/spread on it.

In Praise of the Feminine

I love the way my hips move as I walk. Open. Free.
Inviting.  There is a spaciousness in me. In my ways.
In my being.
It is wide. Wild. Untamed.
It is kind. And loving. Made of electricity.
Of blood.
Of life.
Seen only when we enter into that space.
Walk through the fire and stand in the pathway.
It is not always clear. Or right.  Or direct.
It just is.  It flows. Meanders.
Knowing that pointlessness is of value.
No struggle for meaning.
It is an invitation. Open. Endless.
An invitation to enter the sacred.  To enter the palace of pleasure.
Where beauty if crafted.
It is an invitation be where ever we are in whatever moment this happens to be.
Where the world will be created. And others will fill it.
It is home.
It doesn’t fight to be seen. Or heard.
There is strength. Constant.
There is power in letting the walls of the masculine move aside.
Knowing that they are there when we let them.
Knowing that they are there when we need them.
In an instant we can feel the support.
Or we be the openness.
The space where ideas rise up from earth
Where rock us as they make their way through to the doing place.
This is where we let them go.
Where we let the other energies of our nature guide them into their own space of being.
And we come back to the vibrant center of our creative wonders.
Swinging our hips back and forth to the tune of our making.

I just had to do some searching for a picture to go with it and this is what I came up with:


I'm thinking that I will do a spread on this myself once I finish setting up my creative space and get all my art supplies unpacked and put in their places. We'll see!

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to see the spread you do! Nice poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that poem was wonderful and it struck a chord with me. I'm painting my house and was looking for something for the end of my hallway. You have given it to me! The words will fill the entrance to our rooms and since I have girls, it is just perfect! Thank you. I am a beader as well and I love yours! You have wonderful energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just finally feeling comfortable with my swinging hips. It is all happening as I open myself to the power and possibility of the feminine. yes. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete