Wednesday, August 7, 2013

And I'm back.....

I couldn't post yesterday because my computer went to the netherworld or where ever computers go when the die. So I spent some much needed pampering time, cleaned house, did laundry, you know all those mundane things one must do if they want to have a half way livable house. And when all that was done I pulled out the beads. I'm one of those people who starts a project and then is totally driven by it until it is all done. I finished up my root chakra flower but this project has seven flowers to it so I decided I'd get busy on phase two, the Sacral Chakra flower.



sacral chakra

The sanskrit name for the sacral chakra centre is Swadhistan. The Swadhistan Chakra is found in the lower abdomen and sexual organs it is regarded as the 2nd chakra. You can use these beautiful healing products to focus on embracing life's continual cycle of change. Celebrating fertility and growth, these designs help connect you to your passion for life and joyousness. Reminding you to be open to personal growth and launch yourself into unknown phases with excitement rather than fear.

crystals

Carnelian, red jasper, red aventurine, moonstone, tiger eye.

colours

Orange and warm browns
.

chant

VAM

It is also the center for our emotions. I think of "e~motion" as energy in motion. This connotes movement, and it is through movement that we bring about change. Movement and change are the two basic elements of the second chakra.
Our center of gravity, or Tan T'ien, resides in the second chakra and is our point of balance, internal and external. When we connect with this place of balance, it will be reflected into our outer lives. We will feel calmer, more centered and peaceful, and better able to handle what we have set into motion.
The second chakra is another center of personal creativity. This is where our creative juices really begin to flow through my beaded projects, energizing it with a charge of "e~motion." So for me as well as all creatives it is important to keep this chakra cleared. 

I'm not sure how many of you bead but for now this is where I'm at. I have several quilt tops that need quilted but I do this at my sisters house and right now she is buried up to her ears in her softball team for her granddaughters so quilt is on hold. Yes I could make more quilt tops but I'm waiting on an order of fabrics that I'll be using in the next couple of quilts I have designed. And of course I've got my "Of the Heart" book I'm working on but it to is on hold awaiting some silver leaf and some adhesive which I'll be ordering this weekend. Seems like a lot of waiting going on but this gal is not good at sitting around waiting so I've moved into bead mode for the time being. Once all my waiting is over, then all the fun begins and I'll have to dedicate certain days to certain activities or I'll be jumping from one activity to another so instead I'll actually schedule time for each creative process. Well enough of this rambling, which I do well, and back to beading. Later gators!

1 comment:

  1. at the mature age of 49, I am just now learning about chakras. You are giving me much spirit wisdom. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete